Friday, January 13, 2012

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love Chocolate Chip cookies. They are my absolute favorite. Just enough sweetness for the days I crave sugar and just crunchy enough to go with my cold glass of milk.

My favorite cookie recipes have rice flour and a blend of starches to resemble wheat flour cookies. They are delicious but high in Carbs and not worth the extra trouble. 

I made this recipe using a combination of my favorite recipes. I find them very delicious hot out of the oven, but they seem to taste even BETTER after sitting out over night. They tend to hold together better too after sitting out. 

I always take the last few table spoons of dough that are not worth baking 2 or 3 cookies worth and toss it in the freezer. Its delicious crumbled over sugar free frozen yogurt.

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten free, Grain Free, Sugar Free

1/4 C Coconut Flour
3 1/2 T Tapioca or Arrowroot
1 C Almond flour
1/2 t organic sea salt
3/4 t gluten free/aluminum free baking soda
 1 C palm sugar or splenda
1/4 C raw agave nectar/date syrup/palm syrup (adds moisture)
1/2 C organic grapeseed oil or liquid coconut oil
2 eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 dark chocolate bar 73%
1/2 C organic grated coconut medium
1/2 C grain free, gluten free vanilla granola (for crunch)

Mix all together well in a mixer. Refrigerate for 30 min until firm. Place chilled firm dough by the heaping spoonful on a baking sheet covered with unbleached parchment paper. Flatten with a metal spatula. Cook at 375 degrees for 14-17 min until golden brown. 

**UPDATE
Due to issues with the cookies staying firm while cooking I have reduced the liquid content to only what is necessary. If you would rather have soft chewy cookies add 1-2 T coconut or dairy milk to batter, for crunchy keep it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment