Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chocolate Lava Cake - Sugar free, flour less

I always have trouble with my chocolate cravings following cycle 1. I like chocolate, but since we don't buy sweetened chocolate anymore it's really not good alone by itself.
I love chocolate desserts, but not just melted chocolate gobbed onto fruit.
So, I was searching through my delicious grain free cookbooks and found a great option for a chocolate Lava Cake.
One of my most favorite desserts when we would go out for dinner was chocolate lava cake or toffee pudding.
Nothing is really more delicious in my book.
Of course the trick right now is to avoid any kind of starches or grains or flour. So luckily I was able to figure out a recipe for lava cake without any kind of flour whatsoever. 
If you have ever made a flour less chocolate cake I am sure this is very similar. 
The addition of whey powder causes them to puff up and be more cakey then traditional flour less cake.
They are only partially baked so the inside is soft and warm still like lava. The best part was they fell after baking and left a delicious hole in the center just waiting to be filled with something creamy. If you eat them directly out of the oven they will still be puffed up like the picture above. Thats how they looked right out of the oven. After about 10 minutes they looked more like this.
<---------------------------------------------------
I had this thought of coffee ice cream that I usually order and I figured I would be able to get the same flavor out of whip cream without added sugar. 
Ice cream is not allowed on 17DD and neither is caramel sauce right now.
So coffee whip cream!
It turned out fluffy, creamy and coffee delicious. I hope you use this as a great recipe to fall upon on any kind of diet as they are significantly low in carbs and delicious. This brings me to recipe number 5 out of 17. I hope your having as much fun as I am.

5. Chocolate Lava Cake - Grain free, sugar free, flour less

In a mixer whip together until creamy:
3/4 C melted butter/coconut oil
3 organic eggs
1/4 C egg whites or 2 egg white
1/4 C heavy cream/cashew milk/coconut milk

Blend dry ingredients together:
1/2 C xylitol, date sugar, or date syrup (my recipe) (palm sugar or sucralose may be substituted)
1/4 C unsweetened whey powder
1 t baking soda
splash organic apple cider vinegar

Slowly scoop dry ingredients into mixer bowl while spinning. 
Once well combined slowly pour in chocolate so that it doesn't seize.

4 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate or 1/2 C melted

Slowly pour the chocolate in a steady stream into the batter and beat for 1 minute.
Grease 6 ramekins or 6 large muffin cups with coconut oil.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes at 400 degrees until the center is still moving when you shake the ramekin.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dollop with coffee whip cream just before serving.

Coffee Whipped Cream - sugar free

1 C of whipping cream
2 T strong coffee
1 t real vanilla extract
1 t stevia
2 T fresh ground coffee

Whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in coffee, vanilla and stevia. Sprinkle coffee grounds and fold in.
Dollop whip cream into centers of each lava cake. Eat while warm. Sprinkle with more coffee if so desired.

3 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous!!!! I don't miss ice cream, since I can have whipped cream instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Wheat Belly and I, too, found it very eye-opening and want to completely change not only the way I eat, but my whole family! I was thrilled to stumble across your blog and find some amazing recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love chocolate lave cake or its sugar free its more and more good news for me thanks for sharing. sugar free chocolate

    ReplyDelete